Rolex is the most recognizable brand in the world when it comes to high-end watches. The company’s emblem is a crown, given that Rolex was created by Hans Wilsdorf in 1905 and has been regarded as one of the high lords of watchmaking for more than a century.
Although you may notice subtle cosmetic modifications with each revival of an old classic, Rolex tends to focus more on engineering and research. Each Rolex watch design is legendary. As the watch’s internal components advance, you can anticipate greater precision, durability, and movements with increased power reserves.
In light of this, we’ve compiled a list of the top Rolex watches to buy in 2023, along with explanations for each. So please continue reading if you’re looking for the best Rolex watches for men to invest in.
The Rolex Daytona is, without a doubt, the best Rolex watch you can buy and unquestionably the most sought for investments. If you purchase one of these at full price, you’ll be happy to learn that you can sell it for almost twice as much on the used market. The Rolex Daytona is a chronograph timepiece explicitly made for the needs of the auto racing sector.
The Daytona was introduced in 1963 to enable drivers and pit crew to compute average racing speeds and gauge elapsed time. These are the Rolex Daytona models you should be on the lookout for since they are still in high demand in 2023:
- Rolex Daytona Steel Ceramic Black Dial 116500LN
- Rolex Daytona Steel Ceramic White Dial 116500LN
- Rolex Daytona Steel Non-Ceramic White Dial 116520
- Rolex Daytona Steel Non-Ceramic Black Dial 116520
- Rolex Daytona White Gold Blue Dial 116509
- Rolex Daytona Yellow Gold Green Dial 116508
One of the most incredible Rolex watches to purchase, and possibly one of the best Rolex watches to invest in, is the Rolex Submariner. When it debuted in 1953, the Rolex Submariner established the benchmark for diving watches. It was the first wristwatch to receive a waterproof rating of up to 100 meters. Since the 1950s, the Submariner has advanced technologically, and the most recent models now incorporate cutting-edge innovations that have increased the watch’s overall accuracy and functionality.
Even in 2023, the Rolex Submariner still has a classic appearance despite small cosmetic changes, such as slight modifications to the distinctive Oyster case. The following are some of the top Submariner models to look for right now:
- Rolex Submariner “Hulk” Green Dial 116610LV
- Rolex Black No Date Sub 114060
- Rolex Black Date Sub 116610LN or 126610LN (2020 Release)
- Rolex Blue Dial Mixed Gold Sub 116613LB
- Rolex Submariner 126610LV, The New Kermit, released in 2020
One of the best Rolex timepieces to purchase is the dual-time zone Rolex Sky-Dweller, which debuted in 2012. It is one of the few intricate watches by Rolex and features a 24-hour display, an annual calendar, and a distinctive “Ring Command” bezel for simple adjustment.
The Sky-Dweller utilizes a traditional Rolex Oyster case in steel, white gold, yellow gold, or rose gold. The following Sky-Dweller Rolex models come highly recommended if you want to get one in 2023:
- Rolex Sky-Dweller Steel Black Dial 326934
- Rolex Sky-Dweller Steel Blue Dial 326934
- Rolex Sky-Dweller Steel White Dial 326934
- Rolex Sky-Dweller Everose Gold Rhodium Dial 326935
Rolex Day-Date 40
Some claim the Day-Date 40, a relatively contemporary reworking of a 1956 design, would be the greatest Rolex to purchase. The watch shows the date and the day—in its whole, as the name would imply. There are 26 distinct languages available for the calendar display. The original 36mm Day-Date was redesigned into 40mm for the Day-Date 40.
One of Rolex’s more recent releases, it is quickly becoming a favorite among fans of high-end watches. Here are a few of the most popular models available right now:
- Rolex Day-Date 40 Full Everose Olive Dial 228235
- Rolex Day-Date White Gold Olive Dial 228239
- Rolex Day-Date White Gold Blue Dial 228239
Rolex GMT Master II
The Rolex GMT Master II might be the greatest Rolex to purchase this year. The Rolex is a much-needed upgrade to the 1954 classic first created in partnership with Pan American Airways. The GMT Master II has been a staple in the Rolex line since 1983, and its two-tone appearance makes it easy to identify. In 2023, the following models are in high demand:
- Rolex GMT Master II Steel “Batman” Blue and Black Bezel 126710BLNR
- Rolex GMT Master II Steel “Pepsi” Blue and Red Bezel 126710BLRO
- Rolex GMT Master II Steel and Everose Mixed “Root Beer” 126711CHNR
- Rolex GMT Master II White Gold Blue Dial 126719BLRO
- Rolex GMT Master II Full Everose “Root Beer” 126715CHNR
- Rolex GMT Master II Green and Black Bezel 126720VTNR Released in March 2022
Rolex sea dweller
Could this be the ideal Rolex timepiece to purchase? The watch that ruled the depths of the seas is the Rolex Sea-Dweller, as it is lovingly known. It is a highly durable diving watch that can withstand water pressure of 1,220 meters. The Deepsea model goes even deeper and has a 3,900-meter waterproof rating. The Sea-Dweller is a prime illustration of how effective teamwork may produce game-changing outcomes. Below are some of the models to consider:
- Rolex Sea-Dweller Steel Black Dial Red Writing 126600
- Rolex Sea-Dweller Deepsea James Cameron 126660
- Rolex Sea-Dweller Gold and Steel Mixed 126603
Rolex Yacht-Master II
The Yacht-Master II, first introduced in 2007, is promoted as the best tool for contemporary mariners. This line blends utility and luxury in an elegant yet sporty way. Sailing and Rolex go hand in hand, so seeing a modern redesign that draws on the company’s long history of exploration and seafaring is refreshing. Rolex’s unique 4161 movements, the product of over 35,000 hours of meticulous research, are used in Yacht-Master II versions. Here are some of the most popular Yacht-Master II models for 2023:
- Rolex Yacht-Master II 44mm Solid Gold 116688
- Rolex Yacht-Master II 44mm Steel 116680
The appeal of purchasing a Rolex item is that you get to own a classic timepiece. The classics never truly go out of vogue.